Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Statues

Do you ever have the feeling you don't know someone at all?
Have you ever met a person who has a heart of stone?
A person that you can't get to.
You never really know what he or she feels and thinks.
About you.

Well I met a guy who is exactly like that. And I have to tell you, I don't really get along with him. I call them 'statues'. To me, they are made out of stone. It might sound weird, maybe even harsh, but it's true. Usually, I can feel or.. notice how a person feels. The minute there is something going on, I 'smell' it. But you won't be able to tell that I notice these kind of things, because I simply won't let you. Hehe...
Anyway, back to Mr. Statue. When I first spoken to him, well it's weird. He's treats you as if you are air. It's like you're not even able to touch him, like there's an invisible sheild around him. NO ONE can touch him. That's how he acts, anyway. If he gets angry, you don't want to be near him. And boy, he gets pissed! Like this one time, I forgot about something. And the minute I told him, it was like thunderclouds came out of nowhere. I would've ran away if I could! But... his face.. he stayed cool. But also silent. And that's what statues do, right. They are cool, cold, silent, unable to move. It freaks you out. But their faces. They can tell stories that remind you of why they are statues. If they would come alive, it would be like a nightmare coming true. Because no matter how hard you try, no matter what you say, statues can't be stopped. And they won't walk with you, holding you hand and sing songs about the bees and the birds. You are nothing but air to them... just air.
Unexpectable. Another word that truely fits their personality. Like this afternoon, I called him. And... waw! After I hung up the phone, there was this weight on my shoulders and it was just gone! He was actually friendly! To me... so I figured he was having a good day. You know, one of those days everything goes smoothly. But then...
I had to come to his office. You know, to take care of some stuff. So I went down there and the one second I saw him, walking. The one second I looked him in the eye. He didn't look back. I was air again.
I don't get along with statues...
So now you're probably curious who this guy is? I'll tell you. It's ... my boss.

No comments: